Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Crazy life

So I haven't gotten pictures up yet, but I promise I haven't forgotten. Life has been pretty crazy, 4 additional people in our house, moving to a new office at work for 6 months and then moving back, and just the usual hetic life of 2 kids.

The best news is my weekend away in September with the bookclub girls is almost here! I can't wait, 3 more weeks and counting.

Updates on the kids (without pictures). Maiyah has now started laughing out loud, yesterday was the first day that Mike and I noticed it and it is too cute. I could listen to her laugh all day long. It brings an instant smile to your face. She has been rolling on to her side for a couple of weeks but hasn't made it all the way over yet. Still waking up once a night, but eats and goes right back to sleep. Daddy has been getting up with her, it has been so nice to sleep through the night. (Although I usually have to nudge him awake to tell him that she is awake).

Nicholas is as busy as ever; talking, talking, and talking. Man he can talk! He continues to be a great big brother and very protective of his little sister. We were at the mall a couple of weeks ago and two kids were coming to the stroller to check Maiyah out. Nicholas got upset, "Mommy they are trying to get Maiyah". Maiyah better watch out, she is going to have Nicholas protecting her for many years. Nicholas has been enjoying our visitors and playing with their 8 year daughter; Misty. But today they are moving into their new house. I am sure Nicholas will be bored without Misty around and looking for some attention.

Life may be crazy, but I wouldn't have it any other way :)

4 comments:

Amy said...

Yay for book club weekend!

erin said...

I totally forgot about the Harvey blog until just this second. I'm adding to my favorites list and putting it on my blog so I won't forget to check again. So glad you're blogging!

Anonymous said...

Hi Gina! The blog looks great! I miss you and those kiddos so much already!

Gina said...

Miss you too! But 2 more weeks and I will get to at least see you. Tell my sweet Caroline I miss her :)