Wednesday, July 8, 2009

"Shoup" Noodles in Colorado

"Shoup" Noodles (not sure if I am spelling that right) are a family tradition that my sisters and I grew up as well as many of my cousins. They are a German dish, pretty much, dumplings with onions, potatoes, and cream with pears and/or peaches poured over the top when served. MMMMMmmmmm GOOD! As my sisters and I would say....Shoup Noodles to the rescue. Our kids now call them snakes, "I want snakes for dinner". The tradition continues...although I haven't made them without my mom or sister. May have to give them a try myself soon. Nick is requesting them.




Maiyah and Sammy are the newest dough rollers of the bunch. They sure picked it up fast!




Nate likes to make his long and skinny.




Nick likes to make his pirate style...A' MA'TE'



Jake is an old pro by now!




Let the feast begin....the little ones love them as much as.....





the big kids...although the big kids always wonder what happened to the meat? No need when your belly is full of dough. Hmmmm might be making some "snakes" this weekend for Nick and Maiyah. And Mike too :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those pictures are FANTASTIC!!! I love how each kid has their own expression. I wish I could have been there for all of that. Stacy's kitchen is starting to look pretty fancy!!! Oh, and I do love Mike's expression. ;-)

lyann said...

At Grandma Bernnie's the grandkids always called them "Potatoes & Worms." Guess in Bowbells the kids have seen more worms than snakes.